Click the links below for more information on the 2017-2018 school year:
Tips for Choosing a Class
- Any combination of days is available for both 3 and 4 year old preschool sessions. The most popular choices for 2 sessions per week are the Tuesday-Thursday or the Monday-Wednesday combination. Consider one of these choices if 2 sessions per week is your preference, since children do make friends in their small group and begin to look for certain children. If you want 3 sessions per week, consider adding Fabulous Friday for enrichment. Monday through Thursday works well for 4 sessions per week.
- Children in the 3 year old classes should understand how to use the bathroom. Children may come in pull-ups, and occasional accidents are expected. Please send a change of clothes for these occurrences.
- Parents of 4 year old children may choose to consider one of the following options. Both enhance and enrich your child’s preschool experience and aid in preparing him/her for all day/every day kindergarten.
- The Fours Plus class gives your child the experience of every day school. This consistent, structured schedule allows new concepts (letters, numbers, shapes, printing) to be introduced and then reinforced the following day.
- Lunch Bunch – Have your child join us for lunch every Wednesday from 11:30 to 1:00. The children will experience eating a school lunch with their friends followed by an activity or outside play. This is a great way to extend your child’s day and help him/her become more independent as he/she transitions to kindergarten.
- Not sure your child is ready for Kindergarten? Consider the “Young Fives” class. It delays Kindergarten for a year while giving your child the time to develop physically and emotionally.
- Children at Oakwood for full time day care have a preschool session as part of their day. Preschool is included in the day care rate. Morning preschool works well for those children who still need a rest time. Afternoon preschool is often preferred for children who do not usually nap.