Click the links below for more information on the 2019-2020 school year:
Tips for Choosing a Class
- Any combination of days is available for both 3 and 4 year old preschool sessions. The most popular choices for 2 sessions per week are the Tuesday-Thursday or the Monday-Wednesday combination. Consider one of these choices if 2 sessions per week is your preference, since children do make friends in their small group and begin to look for certain children. If you want 3 sessions per week, consider adding Fabulous Friday for enrichment. Monday through Thursday works well for 4 sessions per week.
- Children in the 3 year old classes should understand how to use the bathroom. Children may come in pull-ups, and occasional accidents are expected. Please send a change of clothes for these occurrences.
- Parents of 4 year old children may choose to consider the 4-In-A-Row class. This class meets every morning, Monday through Thursday, from 9:00-11:30am. This option enhances and enriches your child’s preschool experience and aids in preparing him/her for all day/every day kindergarten.
- Not sure your child is ready for Kindergarten? Consider the Young Fives class. It delays Kindergarten for a year while giving your child the time to develop physically and emotionally.
- Children at Oakwood for full time day care have a preschool session as part of their day. Preschool is included in the day care rate. Morning preschool works well for those children who still need a rest time. Afternoon preschool is often preferred for children who do not usually nap.